I hate writing bio’s, not least because writing about yourself in the third person feels uncomfortable, but it’s hard to get to know someone from just a few pixels. Anyway, here’s my not-in-the-third-person attempt…
Contrary to what the image on the left might suggest, I’m a PR man for a large consumer electronics brand, working in London.
In a previous life, I was a Partner at a public relations firm where I was lucky enough to work with some lovely folks at: Endemol, first direct, GlaxoSmithKline, HSBC, PayPal, Smith & Nephew, Sony Mobile Communications, SunGard HE, Unilever, United Nations and Yorkshire Building Society.
Some stuff I’ve done (by no means exhaustive, but serves to help me remember if anything!):
– Producing huge bodies of strategic research for GlaxoSmithKline, Smith & Nephew, Sony Ericsson and Yorkshire Building Society
– Carrying out a global research initiative with The United Nations in NYC, to identify which of the world’s largest companies were using social media to communicate their CSR initiatives. And then co-guesting on #commschat to talk about it
– Helping first direct sustain its position as the UK’s ‘social bank‘
– Consulting Endemol on its social media strategy for the ‘Dublin Super Cup‘
– Launching; managing social media and trad press messaging for Android exclusive game launches: SEGA’s Virtua Tennis Challenge, EA’s FIFA ’12, Konami’s PES ’12, Square Enix’s Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and (personal fave) Activision’s Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies
– Running global online PR for Sony Mobile; corporate, consumer, software, product, content; apps & services (you name it!)
– Managing global comms for Sony’s Android software and native apps
– Representing Sony through 2012/3/4; working @ CES in Las Vegas, Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, IFA in Berlin, and Mobile Asia Expo in Shanghai
– Revising and finalising my late mentor, Mark Hanson’s white paper on social media, digital PR and media relations
A few of my favourite things are: technology, publicity, networking, communications, current affairs, creative marketing, advertising, art, house music, nightclubs, festivals, good food, keeping fit, holidays, culture of all and every kind, film, chilling, friends, family and immature banter.
This is a personal blog so those things will inevitably be the order of the day; just remember my opinionated and often misguided views are strictly mine!
Any more for any more?!
© 2010-2012 Anthony Devenish
PS. Disclaimer: I’ve nicked a fair few images from Google, but no biggie?