The Oxford English Dictionary defines influence as ‘when you think in a way you wouldn’t otherwise have thought, or do something you wouldn’t otherwise have done’. So it’s fair to say a blog’s influence can, and should be measured on the levels of the success in accomplishing just that.
But, how does that actually work online?
- Offline crossover– resulting actions outside the blogospere
- Purchase decisions
- Organisational change
- Lifestyle change
- Analytics– whether or not the target audience is reached
- Conversation– number of people who talk about your ideas
- Engagement– influence/status of people who talk about your ideas
- Who’s RTing?
- In what context and where are they talking about your ideas?
- Subscription– number of people who keep listening to your ideas
- RSS subscribers
- Email subscribers